Until today I would climb to the top tag the ground and go back the way I came. Feeling adventurous I thought it would be fun to get to the top and take in this case take the peak trail back down as I had not been on it since they refurbished the trail. I went up the Dead Chief to the Short Cut trail and ended up on top at the picnic area. took the path across the top and noticed there were two trail down. I was not sure which one I had emerged from on the day I first climbed up so I took the one closest to the cross walk.
Many discoveries were made on this day…
- The wrong path turned out to be the right one literally and figuratively.
- I needed to do this more often.
- There are distinctive climate changes on this side of the mountain ie pronounced cold spots.
- unusual white rocks are everywhere… there are unusual rocks of every color everywhere
- I found a place that would be perfect for our wedding (Rick thinks so too)
- I Love this Park she never sets me on the wrong path